The Reading and Writing Foundation, with the PL2020 team, will contribute to the intelectual outputs creation, and will provide a relevant policy framework throughout the project.
FACTS & FIGURES
Budget: 300 853,00 EURO – funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union (Action 2: Strategic partnerships/Adult education)
Duration: September 2015 – August 2018
- Information Society Development Foundation (Poland – project leader)
- Culture Information System Centre (Latvia)
- Martynas Mazvydas National Library of Lithuania (Lithuania)
- Oppland Regional Library (Norway)
- Reading & Writing Foundation (Holland & Belgium)
KEY PROJECT ACTIVITIES:
- Preparation of the report „Educational experiments in the European libraries”, analysing the hitherto adult education projects run by the libraries from the countries participating in the project and best practices from all around the world.
- The representatives of project partnership will take part in 4 teaching & training events (in Poland, Norway, Lithuania & Latvia) which will give them a better insight into the library specifics and adult education in the participating countries.
- Elaboration of the set of educational materials for librarians and other local cultural educators consisting of:
- multicultural, innovative & creative (MIC) library model,
- materials for self-directed learning,
- scenarios of activities for adult users.
- Organization of series of 4 national seminars (in Poland, Latvia, Lithuania & Norway) and 3 international conferences (in Poland, Lithuania & Latvia) disseminating the intellectual outputs prepared within the project.
Owing to the project librarians and other local cultural educators will receive the package of various learning opportunities, giving them a stimulus to raise their qualifications and conduct new activities for adults. The adult users of libraries and local cultural institutions will benefit from the innovative educational offer, developing the new, creative & entrepreneurial skills and multicultural & social competences. It will also contribute to the civic engagement in their local communities.